FUTO Courses & Admission Requirements. With the list of courses offered at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri Students will be able to know the school that will completely suit his or her course. Here we are going to outline All the courses offered by Federal University of Technology, Owerri so that every candidate who which to make choice when registering for JAMB will be able to have an idea of what the school is into.
Provided below is the list of courses offered at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, (FUTO). Historically, the Institution was established in 1980 by Executive Fiat under the leadership of Shehu Shagari. It is recorded as the oldest University of Technology in Nigeria. Moreso, the university has grown tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines and research across different schools and academic departments.
FOTO’S Vision: To re-engineer and re-position the Federal University of Technology to be a truly world class university through recreating, nurturing and developing uniquely promising students and exceptional staff in Science, Technology, and enterprise to the benefit of our globalized world.
This article is provided to satisfy your curiosity for the knowledge of courses offered in the University. Check also for the requirements needed to apply for admission.
Available FUTO Schools and Programmes
Below are the available schools and programmes in the FUTO. The page will be upated as soon as any programme (s) is introduced into the system.
- SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science and Technology
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Forestry and Wildlife Technology
- Soil Science and Technology
- SCHOOL OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Biological Sciences
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Food Sciences Technology
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Polymer and Textile Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- SCHOOL OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
- Dental Technology
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Public Health Technology
- SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- Financial Management Technology
- Information Management Technology
- Maritime Management Technology
- Project Management Technology
- Transport Management Technology
- SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Cyber Security
- Software Engineering
FUTO UTME Admission Requirement
- Student must have minimum of credit passes in five subjects including English language at the SSCE, GCE, O level and any other equivalent examinations at not more than two sittings.
- UTME score of at least 180 for all program.
- Candidates must make FUTO as their first or second choice to qualify to write the post-utme screening test.
- Final selection will be based on the candidate’s average scores from the UTME and post-utme screening tests.
FUTO Direct Entry Requirement.
- Student must have minimum of credit passes in 5 subjects including English language at SSCE, GCE, O’LEVEL or equivalent qualification at not more than two sittings.
- Must possess an HND, OND, or NCE in the relevant programme to be undertaken in FUTO.
- An acceptable Score is prescribed for admission at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the Direct Entry screening result.
I hope the information provided above has satisfied your curiosity? If you have any question concerning the information above, kindly use the comment box below.