WAEC Biology Questions and Answers 2020/2021 Objectives and Theory. Welcome, Many candidates who registered for the Ongoing 2020 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination are currently online in search of The right answers to the questions and specifically to Biology as the case may be. Here we are going to guide you on how to provide the right answers to WAEC 2020 Biology questions.
Download WAEC Biology Questions and Answers 2020
The following are frequently searched questions:
WAEC 2020 Biology Objectives answers to questions
The Objectives part of the Examination is provided for students to take the right option. On that note, students are advised to always read the Questions Carefully before attempting to provide answers
Below are WAEC Biology Objectives Past Questions that may be repeated
PAPER 1 (OBJECTIVES)
1. Special modification that enables an organism to survive in its habitat is known as…..
A. Adaptation (B) Tolerance (C)mimicry (D) Colouration
Answer: A (Adaptation)
2. Which of the following relationship does not involve two organisms?
(A) Commensalism (B)Saprophitism (C) Symbiosis (D) Parasitism
Answer: B (Saprophitism)
3. Overcrowding in a population does not result in….
A) Death (B). Commensalism (C) Competition (D) Migration
Answer: B (Commensalism)
4. A pandemic is an outbreak of disease that….
A) is confined to a town (B) Has limited Spread (C) will not Spread (D) is widespread
Answer: D (is widespread)
5. The rational and prudent use of natural resources is known as..
(A) Preservation (B) Conservation (C) Utilization (D) Management
Answer: B (Conservation)
Continuing WAEC Biology Answers
1. A cell is a functional unit of living organisms due to
- A. multicellular organisms are made up of cells
- B. all cells in a multicellular organism function as a single cell
- C. the function of a multicellular organism is the sum total of the functions of its constituent cells
- D. the function of a single cell is superior to that of the multicellular organism
- E. the cells of a multicelullar organism are similar in structure
ANSWER: A ( multicellular organisms are made up of cells )
2The organelle that eliminates water from the body of protozoa is
- A. plasma membrane
- B. contractile vacuole
- C. cell wall
- D. protoplasm
- E. nucleus
ANSWER: B ( contractile vacuole )
3 Spirogyra is known to be a multicellular plant due to …
- A. its cells are linked together by cytoplasmic strands
- B. its cells are joined to form organs
- C. the cylindrical cells are linked end to end
- D. the filaments consist of one cell only
- E. it is an algea containing large vacuoles
ANSWER: A ( its cells are linked together by cytoplasmic strands )
4. The mechanism of gaseous exchange in living organisms is controlled by..
- A. osmosis
- B. inhalation
- C. diffusion
- D. exhalation
- E. breathing
ANSWER: C (diffusion)
5. Which of the following statement is true about diffusion?
- A. it involves movement of water molecules only
- B. Molecules move from a region of higher concentration to a region of lower concentration
- C. differentially permeable membrane must be present for diffusion to occur
- D. It involves when a solute can no longer dissolve in a solvent of only solute molecules into the Bowman’s capsule
- E. It occurs when a solute can no longer dissolve in a solvent
ANSWER: E (It occurs when a solute can no longer dissolve in a solvent)
The process of anearobic respiration of yeast in sugar solution is known as
- A. oxidation
- B. fermentation
- C. tissue respiration
- D. alcohol production
- E. decomposition
7. The following are functions of the skeleton except
- A. providing support for the body
- B. protection of delicate internal organs
- C. maintenance of the shape of the body
- D. providing attachment for muscles
- E. controlling growth rate in animals
ANSWER: E ( controlling growth rate in animals)
8. Muscles are attached to bones by means of
- A. ligament
- B. cartilage
- C. synovial membrane
- D. tendons
- E. connective tissue
ANSWER: D ( tendons )
9. Which of the following tissues is not found in the stem and root of monocotyledons?
- A. Xylem
- B. Cambium
- C. Pith
- D. Cortex
- E. Pericycle
ANSWER: B (Cambium)
WAEC Biology Practice Questions
10. The pulmonary vein carries
- A. oxygenated blood from right ventricles to the lungs
- B. oxygenated blood from lungs to the left auricle
- C. deoxygenated blood from the lungs
- D. oxygenated blood from lungs to the right auricle
- E. deoxygenated blood from the right ventricle to the lungs
11. The upper part of the trachea in mammals is called
- A. palate
- B. epiglottis
- C. larynx
- D. glottis
- E. bronchus
6. The organelle in eukaryotic cells which is involved in the intracellular digestion of food is
7. Which of the following structures is common to Amoeba, Paramecium and Euglena?
A. Anal pore
B. Contractile vacuole
D. Oral groove
8. The tertiary consumer within the web is
WAEC Biology Essay Questions and Answers
The WAEC Biology Essay questions is a sections that is normally called the essay part. Student are always required to attempt certain numbers of questions. you can be asked to answers four or five out of all the questions.
Below are WAEC Biology past theory answers and questions that may be repeated.
PAPER 2 (ESSAY)
1. (a) (i) What is excretion?
(ii) List the excretory organs in humans and name one waste product excreted by each organ.
(b) How does the mammalian kidney function as an excretory organ?
(c) Name the excretory organs in: (i) insects; (ii) earthworms.
2. (a) (i) What is conservation?
(ii) State six factors responsible for the decline of the abundance and variety of wildlife.
(b) Outline six ways in which the government can improve the situation in 5(a) (ii) above.
(c) (i) What is Eutrophication?
(ii) State two causes of eutrophication.
3. (a) Describe the carbon cycle.
(b) State the functions of:
(i) nitrogen fixing bacteria;
(ii) nitrifying bacteria;
(iii) denitrifying bacteria; in nature.
4. a) Name two types of aquatic habitats. For each habitat you named and, state
i. two plants;
ii.two animals, found in the habitat.
How to Answer WAEC 2020 Biology Questions
- Adhere to the Examinations instructions
- Make sure you fill and write your details where required
- Read questions carefully before providing answers
- Do not waste too much time on one question
- Start with the question you know best.
WAEC is one of the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations that guarantees a Secondary School graduate the chance to progress to the next academic level (Tertiary institution).
The West African Examination Council (WAEC), and The National Business And Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) are the other SSCE examinations that provides you with an easy passage to any university of your choice as far as you pass them and you pass your UTME examination (JAMB).
Most people often wait till they get to SS3 before sitting for WAEC Examination because they are ignorant of the fact that all students ranging from SS2 are qualified to register and partake in the examination.